Instructions & Recommended Settings
How to View ELEGY BEACH Route Maps in Google Earth
• In Google Earth select File—› Open
• Go to the directory where you saved the map file and open it (example:
• In the left-hand column of the Google Earth main screen:
» Select My Places (it will highlight in blue)
» Check Elegy Beach and all subdirectories
• Click locations (onscreen pushpins or left-column place names) to be taken to
the location, and for popup info
• For tours, click the file-folder icon located by the slider (it reads play tour when
you hover over it)
• A transport bar pops up when your cursor is in the main screen.
» Use the transport bar to stop, pause, rewind, and advance
Recommended Google Earth Settings
To get the most enjoyment from your ELEGY BEACH map, we highly recommend the following Google Earth settings:
• In "Layers" (left-hand column):
» Check "3D Buildings" and "Terrain"
» Uncheck "Geographic Web"
• Select Tools—› Options—› Touring
» Time Between Features: 10.00 seconds
» Wait at Features: 3.00 seconds (or your own preference)
» Check Fly along lines
» Check Show balloon when waiting at features
» Camera Tilt Angle: 45.0
» Camera Range: 1000.0
» Speed: 150.0
• Pause at any time and check Geographic Web in the left-hand column
• Click on icons for uploaded pix & info of the area you're touring!
• Check "Street View" when you zoom in on locations
If your computer works very slowly or Google Earth crashes:
» Uncheck 3D Buildings in "Layers" (left-hand column).
Also see the Google Earth User Guide.
• Elegy Beach Maps Home
• Google Earth Info
• Share Maps